How does Power Level work in Destiny 2?
The Power Level works as a Gate Keeper for more advanced content in Destiny 2. If you played Destiny 1 you might remember a very similar mechanic called Light Level.
The more Power Level you have, the more damage you will be able to do and receive. Therefore you would be able to participate in more difficult missions like Strikes, Trials of Osiris and Raids.
Your Power Level is an average of the power of each equipment:
- Primary weapon
- Secondary weapon
- Heavy weapon
- Head armor
- Arm armor
- Torso armor
- Leg armor
- Class item
But that is also increased by the level offered by your Seasonal Artifact.
Whats the Max Power Level?
Every Season there is an increase in the maximum Power Level and at the moment it is 1330.
How do I get 1330 in Power Level?
You will be able to increase your Power Level up to 1260 whenever you receive new equipment.
- Base Gear level – 1100 Power Level
- Legendary Gear cap – 1270 Power Level
- Powerful Gear cap – 1320 Power Level
- Pinnacle Gear cap – 1330 Power Level
Legendary equipment will increase your Power Level up to 1270, on top of that you will need to carry out missions that offer ‘Powerful’ gear to increase your Power Level up to 1320.
This can be earned by completing the following:
- Earning Tower Vendor Engrams in Crucible, Gambit, Vanguard, or for the Gunsmith
- Complete three Nightfall strikes
- Earn Clan Engrams
- Complete the Flashpoint
- Nightmare Hunts
- Trials of Osiris (3 or 5 wins)
- Weekly Story Mission
But to reach the maximum Power Level (1330) you will need to gain Pinnacle gear. Which is only received when performing the following activities:
- Complete dungeons
- 7 Trials of Osiris Wins
- Score 100k points in a Nightfall: The Ordeal strike
- Complete the Garden of Salvation raid
- Complete Iron Banner bounties
- Nightmare Hunts (Master difficulty)
- Weekly activity playlists (Crucible, Strike, and Gambit)